News and Events
Harvest Festival is here again!
Wednesday, October 15, 2014 Elementary
Thursday, October 16, 2014 Middle School
Thank you to all the volunteers and bringers of treats and activities for our students.
Finding successful pathways of learning for some students ensures that all students succeed. Let's start the conversation and make plans for effictive action to help support our students.
Where: Orca Room 306
Cleveland High School: Monday, October 13, 3-7:30 p.m.
Rainier Beach High School: Thursday, October 16, 3-7 p.m.
There have been some changes to MAP testing.
- 1st and 2nd graders will be map tested fall and spring.
- New students without MAP or MSP 2014 spring data are tested.
- Orca is testing all middle school students.
- 3rd - 5th graders are tested based on teacher choice and/or family request.
- Map testing is administered to Kindergarteners in the Spring Only.
- MAP is now Common Core aligned.
- The K-1st grade assessments are now one assessment per subject instead of two.
- Entire classes of students can be paused and continued later to make the assessment less stressful for students.
- If you want to have your student MAP tested and they are in 3rd through 5th grades, please let us know. We can assess individual students and are willing to if parents/guardians request it.
- Advanced placement requires spring 2014 MAP test scores. So if you are applying for your student, you should already be able to access that information on the Source.