Hello Orca K-8!
Academic – School Counselors work collaboratively with students to ensure academic success to foster a love of learning. They work together with student, family, and teachers in a team mentality to provide students with the necessary balance of support. Counselors are a support person to assist with the transition from elementary up to middle school, as well as middle school up to high school.
Social/emotional – Provide student support when issues with friends, family, or other students arise. Counselors provide support in the form of individual counseling, and groups to help build social skills, confidence, and leadership skills that foster success of the whole student.
Career/college – Counselors provide student supports to explore possible job and higher education interests, lead Naviance lessons, and am the point person for the College Bound Scholarship.
Best parts about the counseling office (as said by the students).
- You’re never in trouble when you come to the counseling office! Counselors are here to support, never discipline.
- The counseling office has an abundance of things to help students lower feelings of stress or anxiety. A few student favorites: kinetic sand, essential oils, coloring pages.
- Support in whatever you’re struggling with: social/emotional, academic, future.
- Children’s Crisis Outreach Response System | 206-461-3222
- Seattle Children’s Hospital | 206-987-2000
- Asian Counseling and Referral Service
- Sound Health
- Navos | 206-248-8226
- Sea Mar Community Health
- Crisis Connections
- 24-Hr Crisis Line | 866-427-4747
- Teen Link