Orca K-8 PTSA Information and Website
At Orca K-8 we have a very active Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA), which allows us to have a tremendous impact on the day-to-day lives of our students. There are many ways to be involved, from being an active PTSA member, to fundraising, to volunteering in the classroom and the community.
Participating in PTSA meetings can keep you informed, and affect important program decisions. You can support and speak on behalf of our students on important issues affecting them in many different ways. Your fundraising efforts support many of the unique programs we offer at Orca. Volunteering contributes to a greater sense of community, provides more one-on-one instructional time for our students, and furthers our greater mission as a progressive education school to serve the community and educate our children in social justice and responsibility.
PTSA membership forms are sent home in your students’ PTSA Welcome Packets at the beginning of the school year. Additional copies are available in the school’s main office. There is financial support available to cover PTSA membership dues if needed. At Orca we all belong, whether we have enough money to pay membership dues or not.
You can also support the PTSA while you shop at Amazon.com, by coming to this page a clicking on our Amazon referral link before you shop. Depending on what you buy, Orca K-8 PTSA may receive a rebate of up to 10% of your purchase price.
Please join us for our upcoming meetings:
The PTSA meetings are generally held once every other month, usually on Tuesdays or Wednesdays from 7:00 to 8:30 pm. All scheduled meetings are posted on the calendar on this website. The next meeting is on Tuesday, December 5th, at 7:00 p.m. Childcare for meetings is provided at no cost.
You can find more on our own website at https://orcaptsa.wordpress.com.
Some Orca K-8 families are also involved in the Seattle Special Education PTSA.
Orca K-8 PTSA 2017-2018 Board Members
Want to contact us? You can leave messages in ourmailbox at the school or email us. We are always happy to answer any questions you might have.
- President: Brian Flora, email@example.com
- Vice President: Christian Sarason, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteer Coordinator: Krista Marceron, email@example.com
- Orca Plus Coordinator: Anna Stumm, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer: Michelle Wilcox, OrcaPTATreasurer@gmail.com
- Assistant Treasurer: Lisa Higley, email@example.com
- Secretary: Annika Grever, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Asst. Secretary: Justin Kalm, email@example.com
- Diversity and Outreach Chair: Tanisha Brandon-Felder, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fundraising: Jennifer Cooper, email@example.com
- Garden and Environmental Education Liaison: Laura Grow, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grade Band Reps.
- K-2 Rep.: Victoria Cherniak, email@example.com
- 3-5 Rep.: Anna Stumm, firstname.lastname@example.org
- 6-8 Rep.: Brad Vanderburg, email@example.com